My friend tagged me in this on Facebook today and it really got my thinking…
Just showing up to work, having a conversation with someone and having a joke around with them can really change their day and their outlook!
I feel like this is so important as not everyone has someone to go home to… So leaving work from having a shitty day can be super hard sometimes because all you want to do is go home and cry, suffer in your own self pity. But having amazing people in your life, especially in your work place, can make all the difference!
So let’s band together… let’s make a difference!!
I hope you all want to make a difference just like I do and take some time out of your very busy days to BE THE REASON someone puts a smile on their face!
Here are some ideas that you could use:
– Make your co-worker a cup of tea or coffee in the morning
– Bring in some sneaky snacks to share in the staff room
– Talk to your students and play a game with them at recess/lunch
– Muck around with them a little, be silly and make a joke
– Create a class project, make the students feel like they are important and part of something more
– Go into a co-workers classroom just to have a chat with them and see how they are going
– Make fun in the workplace and have a good laugh with your co-workers
– Create some good banter and build friendships
– Leave a little note with a little gift letting your co-workers know you think they are great
Build these positive relationship and be the sunshine on someone’s rainy day!